Sunday 21st of April 2024
|
|
|
Headlines : * Govt working to create free atmosphere for press: Arafat   * Erdogan urges Palestinian unity after meeting Hamas chief   * PM for promoting domestic sports   * Dhaka urges Bhutan to reduce fees for Bangladeshi tourists   * Man sets himself on fire outside Trump`s hush money trial   * `Halving` arrives for bitcoin miners   * No respite from heat wave for five days: BMD   * UN chief: Mideast `cycle of retaliation` must stop   * Met office issues nationwide heat alert for 72-hour   * Heatwave: Daily assemblies at primary schools will remain suspended  

   Bangladesh
9m Eid holidaymakers to leave Dhaka by road
  Date : 21-04-2024

Online Report : Around 15 million individuals are expected to depart Dhaka region during the Eid-ul-Fitr holidays.

Of the holidaymakers, 60 per cent of them (around 9 million) will go by road and the remaining 40 per cent people will leave Dhaka region, including Dhaka North, Dhaka South, Gazipur and Narayanganj city corporation areas, by water and railways.


National Committee to Protect Shipping, Roads and Railways (NCPSRR) shared its prediction through a press statement on Monday.


It also highlighted on the massive seasonal migration and its implications on transportation and safety.

NCPSRR`s general secretary, Ashis Kumar Dey, stated that the report may not be 100 per cent accurate as there is no relevant complete database but the report was compiled from a variety of sources, including research data, civic groups, and transport sector organizations.


The committee has voiced concerns over the possibility of increased public suffering and accidents on the roads, similar to previous years.

Nevertheless, it acknowledged the government`s significant efforts to facilitate smoother Eid travel for millions.

Drawing from the latest census, the report details the population distribution within the Dhaka division, noting that about 75 per cent of the country`s garment factories are in Gazipur.

Workers, who predominantly reside in the Gazipur region, contribute to the large-scale exodus during Eid.

Additionally, significant populations in Narayanganj and adjacent districts add to the surge of travelers seeking to return to their native places for the Eid holiday.

The report highlights several challenges faced by travelers, including the inadequate capacity of the road transport sector to manage the massive flow of people within a week leading up to Eid.

Issues such as the poor condition of long-distance roads, over 500 risky turning points nationwide, and the manual collection of tolls exacerbating traffic congestion are identified as major obstacles to smooth travel.

Despite these hurdles, the NCPSRR remains optimistic that the implementation of government measures could alleviate some of the public`s difficulties on the roads during this peak travel period.

The focus now shifts to ensuring that these initiatives are carried out effectively to enhance the Eid travel experience for millions.



  
  সর্বশেষ
Govt working to create free atmosphere for press: Arafat
Erdogan urges Palestinian unity after meeting Hamas chief
Two die from heat stroke in two districts
PM for promoting domestic sports

Chief Advisor: Md. Tajul Islam,
Editor & Publisher Fatima Islam Tania and Printed from Bismillah Printing Press,
219, Fakirapul, Dhaka-1000.
Editorial Office: 167 Eden Complex, Motijheel, Dhaka-1000.
Phone: 02-224401310, Mobile: 01720090514, E-mail: muslimtimes19@gmail.com